Appointment (New Action)
From the Office Accelerator phone book, click the |Contact| menu and select |New Action|.
You may also right click on a contact and select |New Action| or click the |New Action| button on the |Personal Dashboard| tool bar.
- From the |New Action| dialog box, select the |Appointment| button. By default, the highlighted contact will be linked to the new appointment, however, you can link all checked contacts in the current search result, the entire search result, or no contact at all.
- Click the |Appointment| button to create a new appointment. Enter your appointment information and click the |Save| button to save your settings.
- Appointments that are linked to contacts will display within the |Actions| tab of the highlighted contact within the Personal Dashboard in the Office Accelerator phone book.
- All appointments will display in the|Appointments| section of the Office Accelerator calendar.
- Appointment Definitions:
- Subject: Enter a Subject for the new appointment. The subject will be displayed within the appointment section of the calendar as well as the |Actions| tab in the phone book if the appointment is linked to a contact.
- Location: You may optionally enter the location of your appointment in this field.
- Comment: Enter a comment for the new appointment. The comment will be displayed within the appointment in the calendar as well as the |Actions| tab in the phone book if the appointment is linked to a contact.
- Start Date: The Start Date denotes when the appointment will first appear on the calendar and is typically, when work on the appointment should begin.
- Ending Date: The Ending Date denotes when the appointment should be completed. The appointment will block out the start to the end time in the calendar.
- Reminder: If set, the calendar will spawn a popup notification at the scheduled time.
- Categories: Click the |Edit| button to add the new appointment to a calendar category. Calendar categories can be used to filter and display events linked to categories only.
- Contacts: The |Contacts| section shows the number of contacts linked to the appointment.
- Is Private: If checked, the appointment can only be viewed by the Accelerator user that assigned the appointment and by the user to whom the appointment was assigned.
- Assign/Send To: Denotes which user's calendar the appointment will be assigned to. Appointments can be assigned to Office Accelerator users that you are proxy to, for example, the scheduler can assign tasks to employee’s calendars within the firm. If reminders are set for the new appointment, reminders will alert the user the appointment is assigned to.
- Assigned By: Denotes the user who assigned the appointment.
- Created/Sent By: Displays the Office Accelerator user that created the appointment.
- Status: Used to assign the current appointment status of No Status, Done, Rescheduled, Cancelled, Confirmed, Unconfirmed, and No Show.
- Follow Up With: Checking either |New Task| or |New Appointment| will open the new task or appointment screen after clicking |Save|.
© 1991-2019 - Baseline Data Systems, Inc.