Table of Contents
Office Accelerator User GuideAdditional InformationAccelerator Merge Documents Spawn Microsoft 'Trust Center' ErrorManage Your Office Accelerator Billing InformationDownload the Latest VersionTerms and ConditionsHow to Export Contacts from GmailExporting Contacts From Other SourcesLogin RecoveryAccelerator Outlook Sync VSTO Error FixAccelerator Multiple Instance Auto-LoginWeb Proxy FixAccelerator & WebRoot Secure AnywhereResponsive Emails for Mobile DevicesInstalling the Accelerator Menu into WordPerfectFont FixAdding All Contacts to the My Phone Book FolderFind Contacts with Same Company (Phone Book)Remote SessionImporting Data to Accelerator From an Excel SpreadsheetTouch Screen ModeHow to Manually Add the CIT Tool Bar to Windows 8 StartupOffice Accelerator Firewall InformationSyncing the Accelerator Phone Book and Calendar to the iPhoneAccelerator Email Editor Buttons Not RespondingCopying Accelerator Macro Suite Documents to Another PCAOL and Yahoo PoliciesRocketOffice Accelerator APIOA Mobile Just Got Better!Manage Your Accelerator Account from OA MobileOA External Web Site Form Capture
Importing Data to Accelerator From an Excel Spreadsheet
The Office Accelerator Import Utility provides the tools necessary to import Excel spreadsheets. For instructions on how to use this utility, please follow the directions below.
Importing data can sometimes be a tricky process. If you're having trouble with an import, we can help. Please email us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact support at 310-793-0879.
- Open the spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel that you would like to import to Accelerator.
The first row of your spreadsheet should contain the header information that describes the content within each column. This information is used to map the fields from the Excel spreadsheet to the equivalent fields in Office Accelerator.
If your spreadsheet does not have a row containing header information, you can add one by right clicking the first row in the spreadsheet and selecting |Insert|Entire Row|. Doing so will add an empty row above your data columns where you can add header descriptions to each column of data.
- From your Excel spreadsheet, select |File|Save As|, then click the browse button.
Select a destination folder for the file, give it a name, and change the 'Save As Type' to |Tab Delimited|, then click the |Save| button.
Don't forget the directory where you saved your file, you'll need to browse for the file below.
- If you're prompted with the following message, click |Yes| then close Excel.
- From the Office Accelerator phone book, select the |Tools| menu and click the |Import Contacts| option.
- To select the Excel file you saved, click the |Browse| button and navigate to the location of the file on your hard drive. Highlight the file and click the |Open| button. Click the |Next| button to continue.
The |Import Fields| dialog box provides a list of your import file fields on the left side, and the list of Office Accelerator fields on the
right. Begin by selecting your 'file type' from the drop down list (Tab Separated), then map the fields on the right side to those on the left. Click the |Next| button to continue.
Checking the box entitled 'Do not import the first record in the file' will skip the header record. This is usually desirable as importing the header record will create a contact with only header record information.You can save your import mappings for use on your next import by clicking the |Save| button. Saving your mapping will save time on your next import as you can select the saved mapping from the drop-down list.
- Use the |Import Preview| screen to verify that the mapping in your import file are correctly mapped to your Accelerator fields. Click the |Next| button to continue.
- From the |Import| options screen you may optionally select a folder where you would like your data imported, if you do not select a folder, Office Accelerator will import your data to |All Contacts|.
- In addition to folders, you may optionally select a category for your import. To select a category, click the |Category| tab and select a category from the list.
Prior to importing your data, you may select how duplicate contacts are handled. There are three duplicate checking types.
It's important to note that when duplicate checking is enabled on import, a duplicate contact found in your Accelerator database will be added to the selected import folder and/or category.
Duplicate Check Type:
These options determine how a duplicate contact is found:
Do Not Check for Duplicates:Selecting this option will skip the duplicate check. If a large number of duplicates are found after the import has completed, duplicates can be removed using the duplicate removal utilities.
Check for Duplicate Contacts:Selecting this option will check for duplicates based on an 'Exact' Name and/or Company. In addition, an 'Exact' match for one of the following must be found, email address, street address (street1, street2, city, & state), or phone number (area code and number). If this criteria is met, depending upon the choice selected for "How to Handle Duplicates", either the differences in the contact data will be merged into one contact, or no contact data will be imported if a duplicate is found.
Check for Existing Email Address:This option will use only the email address as the only criteria to determine if a contact is a duplicate.
How to Handle Duplicates:
Merge the Imported Contact's data with the Existing Duplicate Contact:When this option is selected, if a duplicate contact is found, the differences in the duplicates will be merged into one contact and the contact will be added to your selected import folder and/or category.
Do not Save Any of the Imported Contact's Data:When this option is selected, if a duplicate contact is found none of it's data will be imported. However, the matched duplicate (the one already in your database) will be copied to the selected import folder and/or category.
You can select a specific contact owner for your import by clicking the |Owner| tab and selecting an owner for the imported contacts. By default,
the logged in user (you) will be the owner of the contacts.
Contact ownership is important in a multi-user environment with regard to contact access rights.
- To begin the import, click the |Import| button and select |Yes| to confirm your import. When the import is complete, you'll receive a summary of the number of new contacts imported as well as the number of duplicate contacts that were merged (if the merge option was selected).
© 1991-2019 - Baseline Data Systems, Inc.